Kinky in the City is our video series where we interview women with locs (for this site) or natural hair (for www.keepitkinky.net). This week, we caught up with Trudy who spoke to us about her 9 year lock journey. Watch the video below to learn more about her locs, how she started them and how she maintains them now.
Locs Regimen Recap
- Trudy washes her hair every 3 weeks.
- She takes an hour to wash her hair.
- She uses Giovanni Tea Tree Shampoo
- For re-twisting she uses Ettenio products
- For moisture, she uses natural oils.
- Palm-rolling is more gentle on the scalp than Interlocking
- Styling your hair is great when exercising (it reduces puffy roots and maintains the neatness.
- Use all natural, clear products to reduce build-up
See our last Kinky in the city feature HERE.
Keep up with DIYLocs to see upcoming information and more features of women with beautifully locked hair.