If you want to go from an afro to a full head of locs INSTANTLY, this blog post and video is for you. Now, this is why I stress the importance of research. Had I known about this technique, I’d have certainly tried it before starting my locs. But hey, I’m pretty happy with my braidlocs right now so let’s move on. This technique teaches you how to start dreadlocks that look 100% mature and can be washed in a matter of hours (not months).
This method of hair loc’ing involves the use of a small crochet needle and crafty latch-hook. The length of the process varies based on the length of your hair but it typically can be done in one day. Instant locs sounds all great but there are both pros and cons. Keep reading to decide whether this technique is for you.
- You can wash your hair immediately .
- The process is not very long.
- Your hair almost instantly appears locked.
- Works well on straighter hair textures
- May not work as well on thinner locs.
- Requires a skilled person with ample experience.
- Cannot easily be done on one’s own hair.
All in all, this is a great method. Check out the video below to see the demonstration for instant locs before deciding whether they are truly for you.